Developing skills in new ways
GEMS World Academy, Abu Dhabi, believes education is about so much more than academic learning. It’s about developing our students’ talents and exploring their interests from an early age, as well as physical, emotional and social development.
With this in mind, we encourage our students to participate in a rich and diverse program of extra-curricular activities, giving them the opportunity to enrich their school experience within a safe and supportive environment.
Our Drum Circle ASA performed at the Health and Fitness Festival
After School Activities (ASA)
We run five sessions of teacher-led After School Activities (ASA).
ASA at a glance:
- The activities change each session
- Students apply for a seat at the beginning of the session
- Instruction and support is provided by our teachers
Activities on offer include:
- Sports including competitions with other schools
- Board games
- Arts and Crafts
- Music including final performance off campus
ESM (East Sports Management)
ESM is an external sports program based on our school campus. All coaches are approved by ADEC.