Come join our family!
GEMS World Academy, Abu Dhabi, invites students, from Kindergarten to Grade 5, on a journey of knowledge, with a strong community atmosphere, which provides a safe and comfortable environment for young learners.
With a passionate team of dedicated educators, we draw experience and expertize from across the globe, helping us to deliver a program of outstanding international standards.
We are so much more than the traditional concept of a school. We are a proud and supportive learning community with mutual respect and tolerance at our core. As well as being a thoroughly international family, we recognize and respect the importance of our host country’s language and culture, and actively promote these at all times.
Offering the International Baccalaureate Organization’s (IBO) Primary Years Program, our students learn at an early age what it means to belong to a multicultural, diverse and inter-connected world. We practice daily, cultivating the ‘culture of kindness’, teaching our students to respect each other and the environment in which they live, and encouraging them to re-use and recycle while at school and at home.
Our mission is to provide exciting and meaningful experiences whilst developing internationally minded students who are empowered to act both locally and globally within our ever-changing, diverse world.
Our program of inquiry has been carefully designed to educate each and every child to take a more positive worldview, whilst deepening their understandings, skills, and dispositions.
GEMS World Academy students will:
- Grow and develop intellectually, physically, emotionally and socially into intelligent, interesting and compassionate people
- Discover and maintain an interest in, and an eagerness for, learning that permits each child to realize their full potential
- Achieve self-confidence and self-awareness, enabling them to take ownership of their learning, adapt to new ideas and new situations, and respectfully advocate for their own needs
- Establish a firm foundation in the core curricula of Language, Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies and Science
- Enrich their understanding of the world through classes such as Art, Music, Physical Education, Information and Communication Technology, Media Literacy, Library, Arabic Culture and Guidance
- Gain an understanding of global issues and realize their potential as agents of transformational change
- Develop and demonstrate the values and skills of effective citizenship and leadership
- Achieve intercultural understanding and skills, enabling them to engage diversity and develop deeper understandings, participate and lead in a variety of communities, bridge differences and appreciate others’ individuality and uniqueness
If you are interested in applying for a place at GEMS World Academy, Abu Dhabi, for your child, please click here to fill out an online Enquiry.
If you would like to find out more, please have a look through our website or call us on 02 641 6333.